As a cooperative group of people
-- over 12,900 accounts -- we work and act together toward
a common goal and unite as one. As that large group, we also
have a tremendous voice and buying power, and that's a huge
benefit of membership. As a result, we can enjoy many advantages
simply because we are members of a cooperative. Here's
some of the perks!
- A vote - Cooperative members are owners
and may participate in the direction of the company. That's
what we mean by democratic
- Competitive rates - Decades of careful
growth and planning have made Hancock-Wood a remarkably stable electric
provider whose members enjoy quality electric service at
affordable prices. Contributing to this stability
is our alliance with OREC,
Inc. and electric cooperatives throughout our state.
Because we're part of a statewide system, we're able to
keep the wholesale rates we pay low and assure our members
an abundance of reasonably priced power. Another factor
is the very nature of the cooperative itself. As a
nonprofit, we operate solely to provide electricity, not
to increase profit for shareholders. This is why we
return excess funds in the form of patronage
capital to our members. These stable, affordable
rates catalyze business growth which, in turn, has far-reaching
effects on the quality of life enjoyed by all our members.
- Money back - All members are entitled
to patronage capital.
- Annual Meeting - We hope you will join us each
year at the Annual Meeting, a free event featuring delicious
food, prizes and a business meeting.
It is important for you to learn how your company is responding
to today's business challenges. Announcements concerning
the Annual Meeting typically appear in the summer.
- Rebates - Our programs provide rebates to members
who install high-efficiency heating/cooling options, use
resource-saving building features and participate in demand-reduction
- Co-op Connections Card - This membership card, provided to you free from Hancock-Wood, helps you obtain discounts from online, natoinal and local merchants. Visit the www.connections.coop to search for discounts right at home or across the United States.
- Publications - You'll receive Country Living magazine mailed to your
home every month. It's filled with cooperative news,
information, stories, tips and ideas. You can also request
many excellent safety and energy efficiency
brochures through our website or by visiting our lobby.
- Payment plans - We offer several convenient
methods for making
bill paying easier.
- Seasonal trips with Hancock-Wood - Hancock-Wood sometimes offers fun day
trips. The benefit
of joining us is the camaraderie and friendship with fellow
members, as well as taking advantage of the great group
discount packages we can assemble by traveling in large
- Cedar Point tickets - In the past we've arranged a special rate for members only, and when available, you may purchase them in our lobby during normal business hours when the park is open for the season (usually May-October).
- Sporting event tickets - Occasionally we are able
to obtain tickets to area sporting events, and we pass on
the group discount to you! We have attended games to watch
these teams in the past: Toledo Mud Hens,
Detroit Tigers, Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns and
- Scholarships - Open only to those
on our lines, we extend thousands of dollars each year through
scholarships to area youth.
- Website - This very website -- www.hwe.coop -- offers you a huge resource for all of our services in a fast, convenient, round-the-clock format.
- Other - We have offered many other programs and services in the past as well, so keep checking our website for more
great deals to come!